Wednesday 12 March 2014

IF ONLY I



I was feeling so dry
That I was pushed to a try
Men-I’m addicted; should I cry
It filled my body substituted my blood: I am to die.

I was stressed, looking on whom to lean
It was right under my nose, in a small tin
I yearned for more, the taste of dry gin                                            
If only I could have pulled back and been keen
I wouldn’t have to be pulling out this stuck pin.

We were so close, the only friends I had
You passed to me that bit, just like a great lad
Now I realize nothing was good, all we did was bad
Now look, this life I live because of you it’s so hard
If I only knew it was not to make me glad.

I don’t know if to you I am a bug
Where were you to give me that hug?
If so I couldn’t have gone to that drug
I have no food, shelter, just in a rag
Feeding and living on them is not a brag
Fellows, join the campaign against drugs!
Stop-Speak out, so that the country doesn’t behind lag
My gripe is to put forever away the alcohol, bhang and shag.                 
It was just a small one, a little can
If I’d thought at first, I could have made a turn
But it controlled me so fast, never gave me a chance to run
Kerosene can not restore it, as now has my liver burn
Can you help me, be a recovering addict?
By putting drugs to a total ban!

No comments:

Post a Comment